O’Rourke Media Group is a family-owned, community-focused company that was launched from ground zero in October 2018. We acquire hyper-local, print, and digital community newspapers and apply our strategic playbook that results in digital transformation.
O’Rourke Media Group brings a contrarian business mindset to the media industry and maintains a low-cost corporate infrastructure and decentralized approach to running our business. We engage with nonprofits and other local organizations to help improve the communities we serve.
More About Our Approach
- Content is the centerpiece to our strategy. We’re a top provider of local community news, useful information, and impactful journalism in the communities we serve. Our content producers live and work in the communities we serve.
- We strive for salesforce excellence, driven by talented, locally-based sales leaders and marketing consultants that interact mostly in-person with businesses in each of our markets.
- We provide a full suite of integrated digital marketing solutions and print advertising and maintain a diversified base of customers, with monthly spend levels that range from $99 to $7,500.
- Our revenue model is primarily centered around advertising and digital marketing solutions but we’re also focused on building profitable, recurring reader revenue.
- Operations are run efficiently with a heavily weighted variable cost structure. Once our playbook takes form (year two or sooner), we achieve healthy profit margins that allow for continued investment in people and business expansion.