O’Rourke Media Group is a family-owned, community-focused company that was launched from ground zero in October 2018. We acquire hyper-local, print, and digital community newspapers and apply our strategic playbook that results in digital transformation.
O’Rourke Media Group brings a contrarian business mindset to the media industry and maintains a low-cost corporate infrastructure and decentralized approach to running our business. We engage with nonprofits and other local organizations to help improve the communities we serve.
More About Our Approach
- Content is the centerpiece to our strategy. We’re a top provider of local community news, useful information, and impactful journalism in the communities we serve. Our content producers live and work in the communities we serve.
- We strive for salesforce excellence, driven by talented, locally-based sales leaders and marketing consultants that interact mostly in-person with businesses in each of our markets.
- We provide a full suite of integrated digital marketing solutions and print advertising and maintain a diversified base of customers, with monthly spend levels that range from $99 to $7,500.
- Our revenue model is primarily centered around advertising and digital marketing solutions but we’re also focused on building profitable, recurring reader revenue.
- Operations are run efficiently with a heavily weighted variable cost structure. Once our playbook takes form (year two or sooner), we achieve healthy profit margins that allow for continued investment in people and business expansion.
Our Core Values:
Expect revenue growth
Hunt for efficiency-always
Challenge legacy work activity
Be Passionate about your work
Bring a positive attitude
Keep it simple
Wisconsin Media Group
Director of I.T. and Process Improvement