What we Do
O’Rourke Media Group, launched from ground zero in October 2018, is a family-owned, local community newspaper, digital media, and digital marketing solutions company. We acquire local community newspapers and apply our strategic playbook to grow revenue and profitably transition to a digital enterprise.
- Content is the centerpiece to our strategy. We’re a top provider of local community news, useful information and impactful journalism in the communities we serve. Our content producers live and work in the communities we serve.
- Salesforce excellence, driven by locally-based sales leaders and marketing consultants that interact directly and mostly in-person with businesses in each of our markets.
- We provide a full suite of ROI-driven marketing solutions and maintain a diversified customer mix—monthly spend levels range from $99/month to $7,500/month. Additionally, we have a low-cost structure associated with advertising campaign fulfillment.
- Operations are run efficiently with a heavily weighted variable cost structure. Once our playbook takes form (year two or sooner), we achieve healthy profit margins that allow for continued investment in people and business expansion.
- We’ve completed eight acquisitions since Dec ‘18. We’re focused on maintaining low debt leverage and building our portfolio to $100MM in revenue and $20MM in EBITDA over the next five years.